Re: [Axiom-developer] Old Lisp

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Old Lisp
Date: 13 Aug 2006 17:44:07 +0200

Cliff Yapp <address@hidden> writes:

> On Sunday 13 August 2006 3:21 am, M. Edward (Ed) Borasky wrote:
>
> > 1. As far as I know, GCL and CLISP are the only open source Lisps that
> > run on Windows. CMUCL for sure doesn't and SBCL may not either. CMUCL
> > probably never will, but SBCL has a good chance.

There is a list of available lisps here:

http://www.cliki.net/Common Lisp implementation

Thus, we should also target

Armed Bear Lisp - Armed Bear Common Lisp is a Common Lisp implementation that
runs on a Java Virtual Machine

and

PowerLisp - PowerLisp is a free Common Lisp implementation for the Macintosh

Maybe the latter would bring us on the Mac faster, which would cheer up Antoine
considerably, I guess.

What concerns speed, I think this depends very much on the application. I don't
think it's fair to say that gcl is faster than clisp. This is very likely an
oversimplification.

Martin