Re: [Axiom-developer] Problem building SIlver Axiom on Gentoo Linux

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Problem building SIlver Axiom on Gentoo Linux
Date: 31 Jul 2006 01:39:28 +0200

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:

| Tim --
|
|   I'm looking into the LaTeX issues with bsdsignal.c.pamphlet.
| One of them has to do with the following tabular material:
|
| \begin{tabular}{ll}
| [EFAULT] & Either {\sl act} or {\sl oact} points to memory that is not a\\
|          & valid part of the process address space\\
| [EINVAL] & The {\sl sig} argument is not a valid signal number\\
| [EINVAL] & An attempt is made to ignore or supply a handler for SIGKILL\\
|          & or SIGSTOP
| \end{tabular}
|
| I suspect LaTeX is interpreting the stuff in [...] as an option, then
| gets confused.  Did you mean to use double brackets [[...]]?

With the patch below, testing passed the points of failure.  I'll
commit once the full build is finished.

There, however, remain other issues related to included PostScript
files not found.  More on that later.

-- Gaby

2006-07-30  Gabriel Dos Reis  <address@hidden>

        * bsdsignal.c.pamphlet: Fix typo "(\bf" -> "{\bf".
        "SA_" -> "SA\_".
        Remove material in brackets; LaTeX was confused.

*** bsdsignal.c.pamphlet        (revision 15546)
--- bsdsignal.c.pamphlet        (local)
*************** SIGTTIN    & stop process         & back
*** 146,152 ****
             &                      & control terminal\\
  SIGTTOU    & stop process         & background write attempted from\\
             &                      & control terminal\\
! SIGIO      & discard signal       & I/O is possible on a descriptor (\bf
fcntl(2)}\\
  SIGXCPU    & terminate process    & cpu time limit exceeded {\bf
setrlimit(2)}\\
  SIGXFSZ    & terminate process    & file size limit exceeded {\bf
setrlimit(2)}\\
  SIGVTALRM  & terminate process    & virtual time alarm {\bf setitimer(2)}\\
--- 146,152 ----
             &                      & control terminal\\
  SIGTTOU    & stop process         & background write attempted from\\
             &                      & control terminal\\
! SIGIO      & discard signal       & I/O is possible on a descriptor {\bf
fcntl(2)}\\
  SIGXCPU    & terminate process    & cpu time limit exceeded {\bf
setrlimit(2)}\\
  SIGXFSZ    & terminate process    & file size limit exceeded {\bf
setrlimit(2)}\\
  SIGVTALRM  & terminate process    & virtual time alarm {\bf setitimer(2)}\\
*************** info argument to a SA\_SIGINFO handler c
*** 192,207 ****
  cause of the signal, usually on of the SI\_\ldots values from {\sl
<sys/signal.h>}
  or codes specific to a signal, i.e. one of the FPE\_\ldots values for SIGFPE.

! The {\sl uap} argument to a POSIX SA_SIGINFO handler points to an instance of
  ucontext\_t.

  The {\bf sigaction()} system call will fail and no new signal handler will be
  installed if one of the following occurs:
  \begin{tabular}{ll}
! [EFAULT] & Either {\sl act} or {\sl oact} points to memory that is not a\\
           & valid part of the process address space\\
! [EINVAL] & The {\sl sig} argument is not a valid signal number\\
! [EINVAL] & An attempt is made to ignore or supply a handler for SIGKILL\\
           & or SIGSTOP
  \end{tabular}
  \section{MAC OSX and BSD platform change}