Re: [Aldor-l] [Axiom-developer] Re: exports and constants

From: Christian Aistleitner
Subject: Re: [Aldor-l] [Axiom-developer] Re: exports and constants
Date: Sat, 29 Jul 2006 10:15:00 +0200

Hello,

Also if I did use named categories shouldn't I use the 'define'
keyword since ultimately I will probably be interested in using
the value of these categories in forming other domains?

when sticking to the AUG, you are right. However, in real life, the Aldor Compiler does not seem to need it. I never came across a situation that worked with a define, but failed without it...

I moved your "has" check in a separate function. It doesn't
seem to work out well, if the Cat part of "Dom has Sig" is
not constant in scope.

No, I don't think that is a problem. I have an example that
works where Sig is not constant in scope. Maybe it was a
different issue?

Maybe. I did not claim, that it is an error. It just looks dangerous and does not work when not hidden in a function. But it works when within a function.
I can only guess about the reason.

--
Kind regards,
Christian