[Axiom-developer] RE: Doyen content

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: Doyen content
Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 21:46:20 -0400

On Tuesday, July 25, 2006 11:48 AM Alfredo Portes wrote:

> I started merging the content of axiom-developer into Doyen:
> http://doyen.sytes.net

Great.

The web site above does not seem to be responding right now:

  The connection has timed out
  The server at 24.44.150.177 is taking too long to respond.

But I will try again later to look at it.

> This is just a start, basically to keep the links relevant to
> Doyen and Axiom.

Yes, I think that is the right approach.

> I would like to know how can I add a general stylesheet to
> the wiki using Zope.

The stylesheet used by LatexWiki is a DTML Method file in the wiki
root folder called

  stylesheet.css

You can see the one currently used on http://wiki.axiom-developer.org
by clicking

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/stylesheet.css

There are general details about stylesheets in ZWiki here:

http://zwiki.org/CustomizingAppearance#customizing-the-style-sheet

> Also, I would like to eliminate the subtopics.

This is controlled by specifying a property on the root
folder of the wiki called

  show_subtopics

This is described on the ZWiki site here:

http://zwiki.org/Configuring#subtopics

See also

http://zwiki.org/CustomizingAppearance#customizing-the-subtopics

Or for a more general quick reference:

http://zwiki.org/QuickReference

You might have noticed that I modified the subtopics on

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org

to appear as a left-side bar in order to provide a new way
of navigating the site. I think it works quite well but I
have not received any commments from anyone yet about these
changes.

This required modifications to the 'wikipage' page template
and the 'wikipage_macros' which is described here:

http://zwiki.org/CustomizingAppearance#customizing-skin-templates

If you want to attempt a modification like this for Doyen
please let me know and I can send you the files or tell you
how to access them on the axiom-developer website.

> Anybody can feel free to modify / improve the content on the
> Wiki.

I would like to re-iterate Alfredo's invitation to other
people to contribute to the design of the wiki content on
the DoyenCD. I think this DoyenCD is an excellent way to
introduce people to Axiom.

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/DoyenCD