[Axiom-developer] Re: [Aldor-l] exports and constants

From: Ralf Hemmecke
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: [Aldor-l] exports and constants
Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 10:37:30 +0200

Hello Christian,

On 07/21/2006 09:47 AM, Christian Aistleitner wrote:
[...]
#include "aldor"
import from String, TextWriter, Character;

define CatA: Category == with { }
define CatB: Category == with { }
define SomeCat: Category == with { CatA; CatB; }
Dom: SomeCat == Integer add;

B: CatA == Dom;

stdout << "B has CatA: " << ( B has CatA ) << newline;
stdout << "B has CatB: " << ( B has CatB ) << newline;

func( DomParam: CatB ):() == { stdout << "called func" << newline; }

C_ALL=C /opt/aldor/bin/aldor -M no-abbrev -C args=-Wopts=-m32 -Fx -lalgebra -laldor -D IFCLAUSE test2.as && ./test2
cc1: note: -fwritable-strings is deprecated; see documentation for details
cc1: note: -fwritable-strings is deprecated; see documentation for details
B has CatA: T
B has CatB: T

We see B's dynamic type has bath CatA and CatB.
However,
func( B )
complains about B being only CatA and not also CatB.
func( Dom )
works.

I don't see what you mean.

What about the following:

Universe of the compiler before B: CatA == DOM:

Dom ( StaticType: SomeCat; Implementation at memory location 123456 )

After the B: CatA == Dom:

Dom ( StaticType: SomeCat; Implementation at memory location 123456 )
B   ( StaticType: CatA;    Implementation at memory location 123456 )

That would be OK for me, but currently the last line probably reads

B   ( StaticType: SomeCat; Implementation at memory location 123456 )

since the ": CatA" has no influence on the type of B. (That's what the compiler says. I am not sure what the language defines in that case.)

---BEGIN aaa5.as
#include "aldor"
define CatA: Category == with;
define CatB: Category == with;