[Axiom-developer] Doyen Virtual Machine

From: Alfredo Portes
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Doyen Virtual Machine
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2006 08:51:00 -0400

Hello everyone,

Following Mr. Tim Daly's suggestion, I have uploaded a virtual machine configuration file for the Doyen CD using VMWare.  This should allow to run  the  Doyen CD in different operating systems, especially Windows, allowing for a more easy demonstration of the Doyen idea and the scientific software it contains (Axiom, Magnus, CAISS-STAT, LatexWiki).

- The VMWare Player is freely available at http://www.vmware.com/download/player/

- After having the VMWare player installed you need to download the DoyenVMWare configuration:

          zip: http://alfredo.axiom-developer.org/doyen/DoyenVmware.zip

          or

          tar: http://alfredo.axiom-developer.org/doyen/DoyenVmware.tar.gz

- After unpacking this file, place the doyen iso image inside the DoyenVmware directory created. You can download the Doyen iso image at:

          http://alfredo.axiom-developer.org/doyen/doyen-42206.iso

- Using the VMWare player look for the Doyen.vmx file and run it.

Please do not hesitate contacting me if you have any question or if you run into any problem while downloading any of the packages or running them.

Jose Alfredo Perez