Re: [Axiom-developer] Emacs updates, fixes

From: Francois Maltey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Emacs updates, fixes
Date: 12 May 2006 18:58:12 +0200

Hello,

I test the axiommode again.

You correct main bugs. The display is much better.

Even if you rewrite arrows functions there are others cursor command,
as [meta >], [meta <], [ctrl N], [ctrl F].

// 1 //
The first axiom-output before (1) -> isn't write-protect.
You may write-protect it.

// 2 //
Can you detect the real pair (input-command, output-command) ?

So I test
[axiom-mode]
123 [return]
[key up]  the cursor is on 123
999 [return]
I get

(1) -> 999123
[result] (2) 999123
(3) -> [input line]
[result] (1) 123
(2) ->

Is it possible to get
(1) -> 123 [the old input]
[result] (1) 123 [the old result]
(2) -> 999123 [the corrected input, with the good prompt]
[result] (2) 999123
(3) -> [axiom is now waiting]

Remember the real input (123 before modification) is possible
if every input is put in a property of a read-only text, by example
in the prompt :

(put-text-property [beginning-of-the-prompt] [end-of-the-prompt]
 'data-for-axiom "the-string 1+23")

When you want to recall the initial display you get it by
(get-text-property [beginning-of-the-prompt] 'data-for-axiom)
  Before you save the new command-line
  then you display the initial command-line.
  You go to the end of the current output
  Move the current prompt to this place
  Insert and save with put-text-property the new command
  Compute-it

// 3 //
The left key is right in all input area, but the right-key go outside
the input area inside the prior calculus.

// 4 //
You disallow the selection of output-data. A great idea.
So the [return] key must do nothing when you aren't between a prompt
(n) -> and an empty-line. (or over read-only area)

But :
[axiom-mode] 123 [return]
[ctrl-p]
Then the cursor is inside the last line (Type: PositiveInteger)
and the return key accept it.
Axiom-mode may reject a command copyed from this output area.

// 5 //
I don't understand the aim of the sit-for functions.
Are they necessary ?

In my emacs programs (for mupad), sit-for allows recursive calls during
inserting results and I get currious error.

// 6 //
Must I get the same result
with commint-mode / commint-run / axiom and axiom-mode ?

François