[Axiom-developer] RE: Doyen @ ASEE Mid-Atlantic Spring Conference 2006

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: Doyen @ ASEE Mid-Atlantic Spring Conference 2006
Date: Sun, 30 Apr 2006 11:35:48 -0400

On April 30, 2006 10:43 AM Alfredo Portes wrote:

> Attached to this email there are some pictures of the ASEE poster
> presentation at City Tech.
>
> This is the website of the conference:
http://websupport1.citytech.cuny.edu/Faculty/hli/asee/asee/default.asp

Great work guys! Your poster looks very interesting.

I have downloaded and tested your most recent version of the
Doyen CD from

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/DoyenCD

and I think it is looking very good. It booted and ran Axiom and
the local Doyen-Wiki web interface for Axiom just fine.  It would
be nice to have a similar web interface for Magnus and a few other
open source computer algebra packages.

I think what you need now is some useful content in the Doyen-Wiki
to help users get started.

What you have here will be very useful for promoting Axiom and
other computer algebra systems by distributing this CD at
conferences and via non-profit channels such as CafePress and
Lulu.

Would you be willing to add some of the materials from your poster
to the Axiom Wiki? I suggest creating a link under 'Axiom Meetings'
at

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomCommunity

Could you include some of your photos? Maybe something like this:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomMeeting2005

Cheers,