Re: [Axiom-developer] GCL-2.6.7 and GCC-4.2.0

From: Camm Maguire
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] GCL-2.6.7 and GCC-4.2.0
Date: 28 Apr 2006 11:35:24 -0400

Greetings!

Here is your problem:

gcl_cmptop.c: In function 'LI29':
gcl_cmptop.c:2547: internal compiler error: in merge_alias_info, at
tree-ssa-copy.c:235
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.

i.e. this gcc development snapshot ran into an internal bug when
compiling the gcl_cmptop.c file.  You might try working around the
problem by configuring gcl with --enable-debug for the time being, but
this really should be reported to the gcc people and their bug tracker
as explained in the instructions referred to above.

Take care,

Gabriel Dos Reis <address@hidden> writes:

> Camm Maguire <address@hidden> writes:
>
> | Greetings!  My apologies -- not the .o file, the log from the
> | compilation posted to the screen.  Or, if you prefer, your entire
> | configure and make build log.
>
> sorry for having misparsed what you said; here is the
> (gzip-compressed) log for cnofigure and make.  Hope, it is better this
> time.
>
> For my curiosity: is it expected that the .o coming from compiling a
> .lsp actually is NOT a "usual" .o file?

No, usually the .data file is appended to the .o output by gcc, but
here the latter is empty.

Take care,