Re: User interface, TeXmacs and Axiom (was: Re: [Axiom-developer] backup

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: User interface, TeXmacs and Axiom (was: Re: [Axiom-developer] backups)
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 17:15:58 -0700

Pierre Doucy address@hidden wrote:
> > Displaying math ? Is there some work done there ?
> > I guess using latex back-end to generate png might be an option.
>
> that
> www.esr.ruhr-uni-bochum.de/VCLab/software/HotEqn/HotEqn.html
> might help (beware, it tends to crash mozilla-based browsers)
>
> > Managing noweb and latex, how much work will it be ?
>
> Noweb shouldn't be too difficult to handle. Even a complete java
> rewrite is feasible.

Warning: expect violent opposition.

$ apt-get install eclipse
$ eclipse

... Error:
JVM terminated. Exit code=127
/usr/lib/kaffe/pthreads/bin/java
-Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jni
-Dgnu.gcj.precompiled.db.path=/var/lib/gcj-4.0/classmap.db
-Dgnu.gcj.runtime.VMClassLoader.library_control=never
-Dosgi.locking=none
-jar /usr/share/eclipse/startup.jar
-os linux
-ws gtk
-arch x86
-launcher /usr/lib/eclipse/eclipse
-name Eclipse
-showsplash 600
-exitdata 222c800c
-install /usr/share/eclipse
-vm /usr/lib/kaffe/pthreads/bin/java
-vmargs
-Djava.library.path=/usr/lib/jni
-Dgnu.gcj.precompiled.db.path=/var/lib/gcj-4.0/classmap.db
-Dgnu.gcj.runtime.VMClassLoader.library_control=never
-Dosgi.locking=none
-jar /usr/share/eclipse/startup.jar

Maybe I'm horribly stupid, but this kind of shit makes me hate java with
a passion.

That, and your HotEqn stuff doesn't work either.

I've reinstalled java 1000 times and occasionally I can get something to
work.  But, I have better things to do with my time.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "It is almost universally felt that when we call a country
    democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every
    kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they
    might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one
    meaning." -- George Orwell