Re: [Axiom-developer] [GeneralDiscussion] Plone Bibliography

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] [GeneralDiscussion] Plone Bibliography
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 22:11:28 -0700

Page, Bill address@hidden wrote:
> On Thursday, April 13, 2006 12:16 AM Bob McElrath wrote:
> > Bill Page wrote:
> > > Parsing static data like 'hep-ph/0509024' into a clickable url
> > > is easy but extracting and formating citation information is
> > > rather hard to do in general. That's why we have tools like
> > > BiBtex and EndNote, etc.
> >
> > I want to get the info out of the Plone Bibliography,
>
> Maybe \cite{axiombib/1005298} could call e.g.
>
> wget http://portal.axiom-developer.org/refs/axiombib/1005298/download
>
> address@hidden cat download
>
> @Inproceedings{1005298,
>   author = {Jacques Carette},
>   title = {Understanding expression simplification},
>   year = {2004},
>   URL =
> {http://www.cas.mcmaster.ca/\~carette/publications/simplification.pdf},
>   abstract = {},
>   booktitle = {Proceedings of the 2004 international symposium on
> Symbolic and algebraic computation},
>   publisher = {ACM Press,},
>   pages = {72 - 79}
> }
>
> but you still have to make this bibtex entry look pretty in HTML.

Well a document rendering Archetype in Plone should be able to access
the same info programatically.  (The Bibliography can already render
entries)

If the entry doesn't exist, it can be retreived and inserted as bibtex,
and then accessed programatically using the Plone Bibliography.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "It is almost universally felt that when we call a country
    democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every
    kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they
    might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one
    meaning." -- George Orwell