[Axiom-developer] [GeneralDiscussion] Plone Bibliography

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [GeneralDiscussion] Plone Bibliography
Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2006 23:13:40 -0400

Bob McElrath wrote:

> I was looking at Plone again today for the portal I'm developing,
> and was wondering...what the heck do you do with the bibliography?
> I see you're using it on mathaction, but is it any better than a
> glorified list?  Can I \cite{important_paper} to make citations
> appear?  Much googling couldn't answer this question for me...

Import bibtex citations into a database. Edit citations. Search
the database (along with the rest of the contents of the portal).
Extract bibtex citations for inclusion in LaTeX documents and/or
.bib file. I guess it is a little better than a glorified list. :)

Hmmm... since we have some direct support for LaTeX on Plone
(via ZWiki) then I suppose it might make sense to make this
more transparent, extracting citations from the Plone bibliography
database and running bibtex all automatically... :) By-golly
it's easy to get overly ambitious!