Re: [Axiom-developer] Mathaction and Spammers

From: Bob McElrath
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Mathaction and Spammers
Date: Thu, 6 Apr 2006 13:52:29 -0700

Bill Page address@hidden wrote:
> > A more sophisticated, long-term solution is to add code to
> > ZWiki to check against SURBL: http://www.surbl.org/  (Spam
> > URI Realtime Blocklists)
>
> I guess that means I am going to have to get around to
> updating the ZWiki code on MathAction, right? :)

I have not kept current with the ZWiki code for a year or so...and given
the hassles I've had in the past I'm not looking forward to upgrading.
I think the ZWiki monthly-release cycle is a terrible idea...  If there
existed a "stable" release for it that would be better.

I have 0.42 on my machine.

--
Cheers,
Bob McElrath [Univ. of California at Davis, Department of Physics]

    "It is almost universally felt that when we call a country
    democratic we are praising it; consequently, the defenders of every
    kind of regime claim that it is a democracy, and fear that they
    might have to stop using the word if it were tied down to any one
    meaning." -- George Orwell