Re: [Axiom-developer] choose the better expand

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] choose the better expand
Date: 31 Mar 2006 22:23:48 +0200

Francois Maltey <address@hidden> writes:

> The type of the variable arg is F inside the manip.spad file,
> and I believe that << F = Expression Complex Integer >>
> because << R is Complex Integer >> in this case.

no:

F : Join(FunctionSpace R, TranscendentalFunctionCategory)

only tells you that F has FunctionSpace R.

Expression Complex Integer is a domain in FunctionSpace R, but there might be
others...

  CTM ==> ComplexTrigonometricManipulations _
             (Integer, Expression Complex Integer)
  R is Complex Integer =>
    imag(arg::Expression Complex Integer)@CTM

this doesn't make sense: CTM is not a domain, f(arg)@D uses an f such that the
result is in the domain D. You probably meant to type f(arg)$D, which uses f
from package or domain D.

I guess that you want to use imag: F -> FR from

ComplexTrigonometricManipulations(R, F): Exports == Implementation where
  R : Join(IntegralDomain, OrderedSet, RetractableTo Integer)
  F : Join(AlgebraicallyClosedField, TranscendentalFunctionCategory,
           FunctionSpace Complex R)

  FR  ==> Expression R

from within

)abbrev package TRMANIP TranscendentalManipulations
TranscendentalManipulations(R, F): Exports == Implementation where
  R : Join(OrderedSet, GcdDomain)
  F : Join(FunctionSpace R, TranscendentalFunctionCategory)

What type has arg really? Please provide code that illustrates what you would
like to do.

Martin