[Axiom-developer] Re: category/domain/type discussion work product

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: category/domain/type discussion work product
Date: 17 Mar 2006 06:46:00 +0100

root <address@hidden> writes:

| suggestion.....
|
| there's been a long running discussion that contains some fine points
| about axiom and it's interpretetation of categories, domains, and types.
|
| an effort to collect, review, and summarize this discussion in either
| a tutorial form or as potential axiom/aldor compiler documentation
| would make for a very useful "work product". a pamphlet file with
| runnable code would make it quite useful.
|
| anybody interested?

Funny you had to ask :-)
As a consequence of the discussion, I started writing something called
"Is the Riemann's Zeta Function Object-Oriented?" that discusses many
points raised in the discussion -- but the current version is still
preliminary.  I'll post it here for feedback.  Right now, I'm a middle
of "grand debate" about "concepts for C++" for two or three days --
which has points in common with the the discussion on this list.

However, my discussion is a bit biased so I would nto mind a
"balancing" mind :-)