Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom build failure

From: Gabriel Dos Reis
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Axiom build failure
Date: 13 Mar 2006 04:21:55 +0100

root <address@hidden> writes:

| Gaby,
|
| Did you stop and restart the build?

Ah yes.  I first started the build, then I instantly realized I forgot
to redirect the standard error stream to a file for post-build
analysis.  So I stopped the build and restarted it with the
appropriate redirection -- I did not anticipate that would cause a
problem later.

| There is a bit of awk/sed hackage in the src/algebra Makefile
| that fails under certain conditions if you stop and restart the build.
| I'm not sure that's the problem but if you did do a restart then it's
| a good guess.

I did a "make clean" but that did not solve it; is there a magic
formula to bring me back to buildville?