[Axiom-developer] Re: French translation

From: David MENTRE
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: French translation
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2006 09:56:05 +0100

Hello Jean-Christophe,

2006/3/6, JC Helary <address@hidden>:
> Enchanté.

Bienvenu !

> Let me introduce myself. I am a freelance translator, mostly working
> from Japanese and English to French. I am not a scientist, I am not a
> developer. I spend some free time on localizing some applications
> that I find interesting, and in the case of Axiom, I was proposed to
> contribute after a mail I sent to the CL-Gardeners list.

Short introduction about myslef: I am more a developer. I've done some
Axiom hacking two years ago, and I'm still interested in very specific
Axiom parts (./configure script). I'm a friend of Frédéric Lehobey and
this is him who interested me in Axiom.

Regarding translation of Axiom, you should coordinate with Frédéric
Lehobey. In fact, Frédéric is looking at a way to translate the Axiom
book, which is a bit different (and more ambitious!) than the
translation of Axiom user interface. You should definitely discuss
with him.

> If there are ways to round-trip Latex to some xml format

Not of I could think of. But I don't know all the latex world.

> Ok, I'll see with your source.

If you want a quick introduction to LaTeX, I would advise you to read
this small book (128 p.):
  LaTeX pour l'impatient
  http://www.h-k.fr/publications/technique_et_pratique.html#LPI

> It is Latex too ? TexInfo ?

It Latex syntax but the macro used are not standard LaTeX ones
(\spadpaste, \autobuttons, \beginscroll, ...).

Best wishes,
david