RE: [Axiom-developer] Compiler coercion and DoubleFloat

From: Vanuxem Grégory
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Compiler coercion and DoubleFloat
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 15:41:29 +0100

Hi,

> If I set $useBFasDefault in the Axiom interpreter I get the
> following error:
>
> (1) -> )boot $useBFasDefault:=false
> (SPADLET |$useBFasDefault| NIL)
> Value = NIL
> (1) -> two4: DoubleFloat := 24.0
>
>    >> System error:
>    Caught fatal error [memory may be damaged]
>
> protected-symbol-warn called with (NIL)

The interpreter parser is different from the spad parser.
The bug is probably in the float2Sex function (parsing of real numbers
in the interpreter):

bfForm := MAKE_-FLOAT(intPart, READ_-FROM_-STRING fracPartString,
  LENGTH fracPartString, expPart)
[., frac, :exp] := bfForm

and MAKE-FLOAT returns a simple double float and not the (default)
BF "property", mantissa and exponent.

Cheers,

Greg