RE: [Axiom-developer] axiom conference funding?

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] axiom conference funding?
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 01:03:26 -0500

On December 17, 2005 9:36 PM Michel Lavaud

> Are there any news for a future conference? Will it happen
> in Australia as proposed by Mike Thomas, and did funding was
> asked / obtained for that?

I think there is no progress beyond just the suggestion.

> If not, and if there is some interest, I would like to propose
> to organize a conference in Orleans (France) in the last week
> of august, like the one happened in Metz (France) 2 years ago,

I think this is a good proposal. Thank you for the suggestion.

> Before trying to see if we can get fund, would the Axiom community
> be interested in such a conference, despite its broader range ?

I am very interested in such a conference. If the duration of
the conference is long enough, then I think there can be some
sessions devoted just to Axiom. But I also think that it is
good to discuss Axiom in the context of a more general conference
because this allows Axiom to be more visible to other people who
might not otherwise have the time or sufficient motivation to
attend an Axiom-only meeting.

Note: There is a web page on the Axiom Wiki where some notes
about the next Axiom meeting are collected. Please feel free
to update it.

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/NextAxiomMeeting

Here also is a short report from the last meeting:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/AxiomMeeting2005