RE: [Axiom-developer] hyperlinked algebra

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] hyperlinked algebra
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 02:31:03 -0500

Tim,

On December 8, 2005 1:55 AM you wrote:
> bingo. exactly right. without a running axiom the original files
> could not be compiled. so i had to re-engineer the world to build
> in the correct dependent order at the individual domain level.

Well, here's a thought: We know that we should be building the
Axiom system at least twice anyway in order to optimize the
function calls and to propagate any other optimization changes
related to the bootstrap fixed-point. So, why don't we just build
the system a 2nd time using the 345 aggregated spad files instead
of the individual domain chunks? Wouldn't that have the effect of
correcting the source file names?