Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: learning Lisp

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] Re: learning Lisp
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2005 01:34:18 -0500

Bill Page wrote:
> > William Sit wrote:
> > I can read in a file (on Linux, but on Windows, there is
> > the path problems).
>
> To what "path problems" are you referring on Windows?
>
> What command do you use to "read in a file"?
>
> (load "xxx.lisp")
>
> or
>
> )read xxx.input

I used )read and it always complain. I vaguely recall that it worked once and I
think it now does not work because of updates in XP. I did not try (load ...)
under Windows (and now I tried it, the file apparently was read in, but exactly
what is done with it, I don't know).  As I pointed out, even under Linux, the
file is not fed to the Interpreter correctly (but it presumably was read in).

> The first one works for me on Windows. But I can't seem to make
> the second one work with lisp commands in "dalymode".

Did you get all the lisp expressions evaluated when the file is read?

William