RE: [Axiom-developer] Website down?

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Website down?
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 18:20:36 -0500

Tim,

I think there must be something seriously wrong with the
axiom-developer.org server. The performance is really very
unexpectedly poor. It used to be much better until two or
three weeks ago. I think that the change in performance is
very unlikely to have anything to do with the gradual increase
in the size of the web server database (currently about 350Mb.
plus the size of the image files).

I can not see anything specific after look at the performance
statistics for the last two days and trying everything I know
(and a few things I didn't) to make it faster.  The I/O wait
times and the system idle times both seem are very high. 'top'
also shows that the system has not been re-boot for more that
48 days. Maybe it would be a good idea to ask RoseHosting to
do full re-boot of the server and see if that has any
beneficial effect.

I don't know exactly how the virtual disk drive is configured
on this system, but perhaps the ISP could also tell us if they
have made any changes to the SAN environment or if there has
been a significant increase on the part of the other users of
this shared system.

Let me know what you find out about hosting a dedicated
server. I am willing to share some of the cost of such an
arrangement if necessary.

Thanks.