RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: allprose missing file

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Re: allprose missing file
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:19:57 -0500

On November 23, 2005 1:34 PM Tim Daly (root) wrote:

> Ralf Hemmecke wrote:
> > I like that. Does this mean that these volume would also
> > contain all the code? That is exacly what I'd like to see.
>
> yes, each volume subsumes the code for those portions of the
> system. i'm gradually "combing" the code into the files.

> > > there isn't a guideline yet. it's evolving as i discover
> > > and steal new ideas (like allprose).
> >
> > Well, if you like to "steal"... wouldn't it be better to
> > invite me to contribute? That would raise the manpower
> > working on Axiom.
>
> take the lead on the algebra book. each book has a standard
> preamble so they all have the same "look and feel". i'll send
> that under a separate file and explain the parts. (doing that
> turns out to be the same work as writing the section on how
> to write axiom books).

The "algebra book" seems like a huge project to me - maybe even
90% of the problem of documenting Axiom. I think it is unlikely
that this can be done in one single "book-sized" volume. Maybe
sub-volumes per major mathematical topic?

Anyway, Ralf if you agree to "take the lead" as Tim suggests
and can apply/refine your ALLPROSE technology to this problem,
then I would be very happy to help with this work under your
guidance.