Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: integration server

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] RE: integration server
Date: 08 Nov 2005 13:06:25 +0100

"Bill Page" <address@hidden> writes:

> But integrating this kind of lookup into Axiom itself is quite another. I am
> not sure it would be a good idea unless done in the context of a major
> re-evaluation of the way Axiom does integration.

I recently had to understand the pattern matcher in Axiom (it's in
intpm.spad). Unfortunately, in comparison to MuPad for example, it is a rather
poor facility. Furthermore, it doesn't look easy to extend it, contrary, for
example, to the MuPad pattern matcher...

It would really be necessary to interest some integration expert in Axiom,
otherwise we are probably unable to do these things.

In any case, I'm open to help if somebody wants to document intpm.spad and it's
interaction with the rest of the integration system.

Martin