RE: [Axiom-developer] documentation

From: C Y
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] documentation
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 06:06:34 -0700 (PDT)

--- "Page, Bill" <address@hidden> wrote:

> Tim,
>
> On Wednesday, October 26, 2005 9:25 PM you wrote:
>
> > > http://page.axiom-developer.org/pamphlet-3.html
> >
> > cool, man, panther cool.
> >

> It turns out that there is a way to do audio with Wink as
> well. See:
>
> http://www.debugmode.com/userforums/viewtopic.php?t=2080
>
> SWFtools http://www.swftools.org and Audacity (way cool!)
> http://audacity.sourceforge.net are also, like Wink,
> available on both linux and windows.

Neat!  Too bad f4l seems to be stalled - we could have an entirely open
source toolchain for this process.  I guess for this particular
activity it doesn't matter too much though.

> > i'm off to try wink. i like the idea of adding comment
> > balloons to draw attention to important points.
>
> How is Wink working on linux?
>
> Here's my entertainment for tonight. :) It's a demonstration
> of installing Axiom on Windows:
>
> http://page.axiom-developer.org/AxiomIn5.html

Hmm - I'm getting the initial screen, but then when I press next I get
a black screen.  Maybe my work machine's flash install is too old?

> I created the screen video and balloon markup with Wink
> (on a faster workstation than before) and then added the
> sound track with Audacity and SWFtools.
>
> Fun.
>
> So, do you have any ideas for other "productions" and
> about how we should package these things?

The first idea that comes to mind for this format is a demonstration of
the draw command and interactive tools it pops up, but that would
require wink on Linux.

Out of curosity, what hardware are you using to record your voice?
Voice recording was one thing I've never set up - never had the
hardware.  Can one get decent sound quality with inexpensive hardware?

Cheers,
CY

http://farechase.yahoo.com