RE: [Axiom-developer] Aldor and Lisp

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Aldor and Lisp
Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 13:36:52 -0400

On October 21, 2005 5:43 AM Juergen Weiss wrote:
> [about Aldor]
> I think, there had been an attempt for a reimplementation
> in Lisp/Boot before.
>
> Why they decided to reimplement in C and not in Lisp
> I do not know.

I wouldn't want to start a "language war" or anything, but
seriously does anyone know of any production (as opposed
to experimental or prototype) compiler written in lisp?
(besides lisp itself, of course)

I recall a posting by Paul Dietz suggesting that gcc should
be re-written in lisp. (perhaps he was not entirely serious ;)