RE: [Axiom-developer] Openmath, Singular

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Openmath, Singular
Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2005 23:31:53 -0400

Michael,

On October 3, 2005 10:38 PM I wrote:

> One of the original design goals of MathAction was to be able
> to support a large number of different mathematical software
> with the same user interface. OpenMath goes beyond that by
> providing the means (in principle) to exchange mathematical
> results between different programs. I would really like to
> see such a thing work, even if not in 100% of cases.

You might be interested to know that Martin Rubey has
already developed an experimental interface between PolyMake
and Axiom, although without the aid of OpenMath. See

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/Polymake

Also it might be of some interest that MathAction supports
Reduce in addition of Axiom. Extensions to Reduce have been
developed for OpenMath, e.g.

http://www.bath.ac.uk/~masjhd/ReduceOpenMath/index.html

I think it would great to provide a OpenMath link between Axiom
and Reduce on MathAction.