[Axiom-developer] Units

From: root
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Units
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 23:03:47 -0400

Alan,

Frink has developed software to work on units. One of the expressed
desires on the Frink webpage is to develop a version of the package
that would work on symbolic values.

On the Axiom mailing list we have been discussing this particular topic.
Axiom is a free, general purpose computer algebra system similar in
scope and power to Mathematica and Maple. It does not currently support
Units or Dimensions on input values but this is being discussed.
(see http://page.axiom-developer.org)

I've been looking at the Frink software and read the units.txt file
(a rather amusing document) in detail. It is clear we have much to
learn from your efforts.

I see that the software is "free" but I couldn't find the source
anywhere. I was hoping to learn what you've already done so I could
have a better reference point than my own, uneducated opinion. Is
the source available for study?

Tim Daly
Axiom Lead Developer