RE: [Axiom-developer] help with Aldor categories, graphs and finite grap

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] help with Aldor categories, graphs and finite graphs.
Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 05:22:00 -0400

Peter,

On Thursday, September 15, 2005 3:02 AM you wrote:

> >   >> System error:
> >    AxiomXL file "GRAPHCAT" is missing!
> >

> Found it - aldor is being picky about the case of file names;
> it (effectively) requires that aldor file names should be all
> lower case.

Yes, I think you are right. I changed the short name (abbreviation=
file name?) of my Aldor category from upper case to lower case and
now it **sometimes** works. See:

http://wiki.axiom-developer.org/SandBoxCategoryOfGraphs

But often when I try to save this page I get:

    >> System error:
    Contiguous blocks exhausted.
  Currently, 1354 pages are allocated.
  Use ALLOCATE-CONTIGUOUS-PAGES to expand the space.

And Axiom aborts near completion.

The problem seems to be intermittent. About 1 time out of 5 when
I save the page it succeeds as you see it above.  Odd that I
don't get the same result each time since it starts a new Axiom
session each time! This seems like it might be some interaction
between Axiom's requirements and GCL's memory allocation. Yuck.