Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom in multiuser environment

From: William Sit
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] axiom in multiuser environment
Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 12:28:00 -0400

C Y wrote (Unit package question - part 1)

> --- William Sit <address@hidden> wrote:
> > I actually prefer your use of ")set UnitSystem ..." to ")set unit
> > ...". But note ")set UnitSystem" IS setting the session default for
> > the user. Axiom allows a user to set his preferences in a file
> > called axiom.input (which is in the directory $AXIOM/input).
>
> Off topic, but shouldn't it be checking $HOME/.axiom or some such as
> well?  Or is it assumed that a user has write access to $AXIOM?

Tim: that shouldn't be hard, right? (I know, there is no such thing as a simple
job).  Put some of the user-specific configuration file like axiom.input in the
user's home directory as a $HOME/.axiom file? Obviously such setup is not
portable, but possible and desirable if the PC is no longer "personal".

William