[Axiom-developer] RE: Mathaction and polymake problem

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: Mathaction and polymake problem
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 09:39:33 +0200

Sending this also to axiom-developer...

Thank you Bill for your fast actions! That's really great! I tried around a
little, but I didn't have the idea to write the error message into a
file... stupid me.

While we are at it: I'd suggest that you disable the possibility to comment on
FrontPage, if this is easily done. (If it's more than five minutes of work,
don't do it)

Sometime in the future there should also be a redesign of the structure of
MathAction, but I'd like to think a little about it. IssueTracker has become
the most important tool for me. Maybe the contents of the pages WishList and
SummerOfCode should be transferred to individual IssueTracker pages. On the
other hand, I'd like to be able to group the issues somehow by topic: it is
quite handy to have a page with integration problems where they are all grouped
together. Maybe the solution is to keep the pages as they are -- i.e., with a
short description - but to point to the appropriate IssueTracker pages for
elaborations.

The second thing that really occupies me: I think it's high time to make some
advertisements for axiom again. It has changed quite a bit from the last
announcement. Tim: if we make an announcement in (mid-)September, which patch
number will be the regular Axiom version? (CVS, I believe)

patch-44 or patch-45 ?
Would the aldor stuff make it?
if I send you a (documented) patch for the integration issue #199, would it
make it into the release?

I think we somehow need to manage to find a group that chooses axiom as it's
development platform. Otherwise axiom will stay what it is, and that's just not
good enough. I think your efforts with the Conference and the various efforts
by Bill are really great Contributions to this end. I'd like to say thank you
again!

I talked a little with Ralf about the petition to free Aldor. I'll set up a
page on MathAction to design an appropriate letter this weekend, I hope.

Martin