Re: [Axiom-developer] steps towards better TeXmacs interface

From: Andrey G. Grozin
Subject: Re: [Axiom-developer] steps towards better TeXmacs interface
Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2005 01:05:48 +0700 (NOVST)

I forgot to ask one more practical question. The prompt prefix and suffix
will contain non-printable chars, \0x02 (ctrl-b) and \0x05 (ctrl-e). How
can I include them in a boot string? Is literal embedding of these bytes
inside a string enough? (in emacs, ctrl-q ctrl-something inserts the
literal ctrl-something byte at the cursor position). Should it be prefixed
by _ ? In common lisp this method works: any strange byte within a string
will be printed, when the string is printed (I used this in the maxima
source for communication with TeXmacs).

Andrey