[Axiom-developer] AxiomUI graphics (was: [Zaheda Bhorat] SOC Project Art

From: Page, Bill
Subject: [Axiom-developer] AxiomUI graphics (was: [Zaheda Bhorat] SOC Project Articles for Doctor Dobbs Journal)
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 12:21:01 -0400

Kai,

On Wednesday, August 24, 2005 2:02 AM I wrote:

> > 3. Change the high-level drawing code, so that instead of calling
> >    the low-level drawing code it just prints the list lists of
> >    points, which are to be connected by lines, to standard output
> >    with markers to ease extraction. This might still break existing
> >    code.
> >
> > The approach I'm taking now is essentially #3 with the difference
> > that I copied algebra/draw.spad.pamphlet to uidraw.spad.pamphlet
> > and modified that. It actually seems to work. Right now I'm
> > integrating this with the gui, so that on startup uidraw.spad gets
> > loaded.
>
> Excellent. That is exactly the right way to proceed.

It occurs to me to ask if you are already familiar with the following
Axiom commands:

vp1:=draw(sin(x), x=%pi/10..%pi)
g1:=getGraph(vp1,1)
pointLists(g1)
g2:=makeGraphImage(lineSegments, lineColors, pointColors, lineSize)
pointLists(g2)

See for example

http://www.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/AxiomGraphics

Perhaps uidraw is producing output similar to this?