[Axiom-developer] [#41 fresh databases are not copied back for build]

From: kratt6
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#41 fresh databases are not copied back for build]
Date: Sat, 20 Aug 2005 09:29:54 -0500

Changes
http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/41FreshDatabasesAreNotCopiedBackForBuild/diff
--

??changed:
-> > With the fixedPoint script, I noticed that the old database
-> > directories, DEPENDENTS.DAASE and USERS.DAASE, under int/algebra,
-> > are not removed in preparation for the second iteration. Am
-> > I mistaken in thinking that this will influence the subsequent
-> > compilation?
->
-> You are correct. The src/algebra/Makefile.pamphlet that I am using
-> on the axiom--windows--1 branch has been updated to properly rebuild
-> the databases if any of the *.NRLIBS/code.o files change. In the
-> linux branches (e.g. axiom--main--1) the database build is still
-> done via a kludge that requires you to delete the file called
-> `dbcomplete' in order to force a rebuild. Alternately you could
-> also delete the int/*.spad files which will force them to be
-> re-extracted from the pamphlet files and also trigger deletion of
-> the dbcomplete file.
With the fixedPoint script, I noticed that the old database
directories, DEPENDENTS.DAASE and USERS.DAASE, under int/algebra,
are not removed in preparation for the second iteration. Am
I mistaken in thinking that this will influence the subsequent
compilation?

You are correct. The src/algebra/Makefile.pamphlet that I am using
on the axiom--windows--1 branch has been updated to properly rebuild
the databases if any of the *.NRLIBS/code.o files change. In the
linux branches (e.g. axiom--main--1) the database build is still
done via a kludge that requires you to delete the file called
`dbcomplete' in order to force a rebuild. Alternately you could
also delete the int/*.spad files which will force them to be
re-extracted from the pamphlet files and also trigger deletion of
the dbcomplete file.

--removed:
-

--