[Axiom-developer] Re: integration

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: integration
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:40:47 +0200

Thank you!

C Y writes:
 > Well, I tried :-).  Formatting is a hash, I'm afraid - is there a way
 > to paste formatted text I missed?

Yes, just look at the edited text. "::" + indented text is our friend.

and thanks again for spotting the bug. Now: go ahead and fix it :-) A starting
point might be the following:

)tr FSCINT )math
)tr  INTEF )math
)tr INTTR )math
)tr INTAF )math
)tr INTPM )math
)tr INTALG  )math

integrate(sin(x^2),x)

If you know the Risch algorithm, you can certainly spot the point where it
should have done something but didn't do :-)

Unfortunately Manuel Bronstein died. I don't know anybody who would be able to
document these routines.

Martin