[Axiom-developer] Re: Beckermann and Labahn paper

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] Re: Beckermann and Labahn paper
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 09:23:44 +0200

address@hidden writes:
 > Martin,
 >
 > Is there any chance of getting permission to use the
 > Beckermann and Labahn paper as part of the documentation?

I don't know. But since their paper is available online *and* published, I
don't think it is necessary. (You did notice that I did not document the source
at all so far...)

 > Usually I've been rewriting the paper into a more "documenting"
 > form as well as embedding the code. But I can only do this with
 > permission. If you know either of the authors I'd be happy to ask.

No, I don't know them. And in fact, after a little digging, I find that their
paper is better written than any documentation I could write. I will document
the bits of code where I depart from their paper.

Martin