RE: [Axiom-developer] Memory leak in Axiom

From: Vanuxem Grégory
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] Memory leak in Axiom
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 03:09:38 +0200

Hi,

GCL-2.6.6 on axiom patch 40

> > A (1000,1000) C double float array takes 7.63 Mb.
> >
> > If I alloc a contiguous storage memory array of 1000x1000,
> > amount of virtual and residual memory augment of 10Mb. It seems
> > it is never released.
> >
> > I haven't found this in gcl.
>
> Could you describe the test you use on GCL? What version of
> gcl are you using?

(make-array '(1000 1000) :element-type 'long-float :initial-element 0)

about 50 times

> > Any idea ?
>
> If you repeat this process several times:

Sorry,
1) Open Axiom
4) display residual and virtural memory
-- avoid printing
new(1000,1000,0)$Matrix(SF);
-- memory has increased of 10Mb
new(1000,1000,0)$Matrix(SF);
-- memory has increased of 10Mb
new(1000,1000,0)$Matrix(SF);
-- memory has increased of 10Mb
new(1000,1000,0)$Matrix(SF);
-- memory has increased of 10Mb
new(1000,1000,0)$Matrix(SF);
-- memory has increased of 10Mb
new(1000,1000,0)$Matrix(SF);
-- memory has increased of 10Mb
new(1000,1000,0)$Matrix(SF);
-- memory has increased of 10Mb
.
.
.
a lot of times (axiom will crash) => xmalloc failed

Cheers,

Greg