[Axiom-developer] summer of code

From: daly
Subject: [Axiom-developer] summer of code
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 08:54:27 -0500

Heow, Kai,

Heow, congrats on being accepted.

There seems to be a bit of confusion about whether Axiom is or is
not a sponsoring organization. I've received an letter from Chris
DiBona saying we are yet he posted an entry saying we are not.

On our list (http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/SummerOfCode)
we list two projects that Kai Oliver Kaminski is interested in.

The first is the platform independent user interface using Common Lisp
and TK. We have a couple axiom features that we cannot port and we need
them rewritten in common lisp. After much debate TK seems to be the
front-runner for platform GUI graphics.

The second is the "drag-and-drop" question. If you remember during the
talk I gave to NYC CL last month I mentioned literate programming
(combining code and latex). We'd like to be able to use these literate
programs in a drag-and-drop manner.

Frankly for the short term I'm much more interested in the CL/TK issue
for the short term as the Axiom Windows port is wildly successful yet
we still have no graphics. Thus this project will have a much larger
impact in the short term. However either project is fine with me.

How can we work out the details on this?

Tim