[Axiom-developer] [Axiom-mail] about axiom documentation

From: Martin Rubey
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [Axiom-mail] about axiom documentation
Date: Fri, 13 May 2005 02:32:02 -0500

Changes http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/AxiomMail/diff
--
Dear Francois,

Francois Maltey writes:
 > Hello,
 >
 > I install axiom on my linux-box : the 2005-02 distribution with plots.

great!

 > So I'll try to see how to use the free software axiom in order to replace
 > mupad.
 >
 > In mupad there is a big lib.tar file with all librairies for math�matical
 > computation in the mupad language.
 > I untar it and I can read and trace almost every program.

In axiom the corresponding directory is

axiom/mnt/linux/src/algebra/

where you find all the .spad files, i.e., the source code.

In the long run, these will be documented using LaTeX, the corresponding dvi
files are in

axiom/mnt/linux/doc/src/algebra

 > The first book I browse is the << 30 year horizon >> with 1142 pages.
 >
 > Is it a good idea ?

yes.

 > Is there a french tutorial ?

yes: see the link to

http://www-rocq.inria.fr/codes/Daniel.Augot/axiom_intro.pdf

at

http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/AxiomDocumentation

 > My aim is to see if I can translate my exercices from maple/mupad to axiom ?

It would be very nice to hear of your experiences. Maybe you could even share
the sources?

 > Is there an axiom for window ? (for my classrooom)

yes. see MathAction.

Good luck,

Martin