[Axiom-developer] RE: [Gcl-devel] Possible GCL 2.6.7 for axiom

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: [Gcl-devel] Possible GCL 2.6.7 for axiom
Date: Fri, 29 Apr 2005 08:31:17 +1000

Hi Camm.

| > | 1) reenable run-process

I checked into HEAD yesterday a fix which works with the test snippet you
provided in a separate email to Tim.  I note that the interface (on Unix
also I believe) is not robust in the sense that it doesn't check the type or
number of arguments to the function, but otherwise it looks fine.

| >   5) Something has recently broken the path handling on Windows
| so the CVS
| > HEAD GCL build lisp compilation fails.
| >

| OK, more detail here would be helpful, but this is not relevant to
| 2.6.x for axiom, no?

No, but for the record it's caused by the following change:

http://savannah.gnu.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs/gcl/gcl/pcl/defsys.lisp.diff?r1=1.4&;
r2=1.5

the purpose of which escapes me.  The problem is that on Windows the name of
the file being passed to COMPILE-FILE in "pcl/defsys.lisp" is incomplete
when that new version of the file is used.

Reversing that change then leads to a further problem which I have yet to
investigate.

Cheers

Mike Thomas.