[Axiom-developer] RE: [Gcl-devel] Possible GCL 2.6.7 for axiom

From: Mike Thomas
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: [Gcl-devel] Possible GCL 2.6.7 for axiom
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 14:31:39 +1000

Hi Camm.

| Hi Tim!  Great conference!

Sometimes living a long way from "the action" can be frustrating.

| Here's my take home understanding of the remaining issues re:
| gcl/axiom:
|
| 1) reenable run-process
| 2) display images in tcl/tk
| 3) tcl/tk working in windows
| 4) Windows socket workaround for sman/hypertex/graphics

I am aware of the following two items as well:

  5) Something has recently broken the path handling on Windows so the CVS
HEAD GCL build lisp compilation fails.

  6) On Windows (at least) GCL 2.6.6 Axiom (not 2.6.5) has a problem with
equation system solutions:
(1) -> solve([3*x**3+y+1,y**2-4],[x,y])
      package UnivariatePolynomialMultiplicationPackage

   >> System error:
   The function SYSTEM::DEBUGGER is undefined.

protected-symbol-warn called with (NIL)
(1) -> solve([3*x**3+y+1,y**2-4],[x,y])

   >> System error:
   Arg or result mismatch in call to  |devaluateList|

protected-symbol-warn called with (NIL)

Cheers

Mike Thomas.