[Axiom-developer] [Axiom-mail]

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [Axiom-mail]
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2005 08:42:42 -0600

Changes http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/AxiomMail/diff
--

--removed:
-

--removed:
-

--removed:
-

--removed:
-On Wednesday, December 29, 2004 2:28 AM you wrote:
->
-> seems to be a categorical error of some sort.
->
-> A: Complex Polynomial Integer
->
-> tells the system that 'A' is expected to have a value which is
-> Complex Polynomial Integer.
->
-> 'conjugate' works on values, not potential values.
->
-> Thus, conjugate(A) has no meaning as 'A' has no value.
-> This should probably be an error.
->
-> If axiom could work with so that conjugate worked on the type
-> then axiom could work at some sort of an 'axiomatic' level
-> rather than a symbolic computation level. Perhaps when we join
-> forces with the ACL2 crowd we could state certain theorems and
-> have them applied in the absence of a value.
->

--removed:
-
-
-

--removed:
-> > seems to be a categorical error of some sort.
-> >
-> > A: Complex Polynomial Integer
-> >
-> > tells the system that 'A' is expected to have a value which is
-> > Complex Polynomial Integer.
-> >
-> > 'conjugate' works on values, not potential values.
-> >
-> > Thus, conjugate(A) has no meaning as 'A' has no value.
-> > This should probably be an error.
-> >
-> > If axiom could work with so that conjugate worked on the type
-> > then axiom could work at some sort of an 'axiomatic' level
-> > rather than a symbolic computation level. Perhaps when we join
-> > forces with the ACL2 crowd we could state certain theorems and
-> > have them applied in the absence of a value.
-[29 more lines...]

--removed:
-
-
-

--removed:
-

++added:

??changed:
-                                                                       Type:
Void
                                                      Type: Void

??changed:
-                                                                       Type:
Void
                                                      Type: Void

??changed:
-                                                 Type: Complex Polynomial
Integer
                                    Type: Complex Polynomial Integer

--removed:
-
-    "It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people who count the
-    votes." -- Joseph Stalin
-
-
-From root Fri Dec 31 03:21:28 -0600 2004