RE: [Axiom-developer] axiom--main--1--patch-31

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] axiom--main--1--patch-31
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 18:17:54 -0500

Tim,

On Friday, March 18, 2005 11:42 AM you wrote:

> ah. my internal version number slipped out.
> i'm still attached to dates for versions rather than
> random numbers. i'll fix that before the april release.

No problem ...

You know how Knuth choose approximations to the number
\pi for version of TeX? Maybe for Axiom we should do the
same with %e? ;) Like so

  version 2.7
  version 2.72
  version 2.718

It seems appropriate that the implication that the project
is converging toward some goal, rather than drifting from
inspiration to inspiration like some other programs I know :)

Not seriously, but it might be fun.