RE: [Axiom-developer] [Q] %pi() vs %pi difference ?

From: Page, Bill
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] [Q] %pi() vs %pi difference ?
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 06:35:47 -0500

Vladimir,

Briefly, %pi is a system defined macro for pi(). The
interpreter allows %pi() because macros can sometimes
have parameters. But both %pi and %pi() are treated exactly
the same as pi().

To see all the macros type

  )display macros

For more about pi() try

  )display op pi

Notice that there is also a special "domain" of Pi.

  )show Pi

which contains the function pi().

See previous discussion

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/axiom-developer/2005-01/msg00002.html