[Axiom-developer] ALL AXIOM bugs and non-trivial behaviors will be catal

From: Vladimir Bondarenko
Subject: [Axiom-developer] ALL AXIOM bugs and non-trivial behaviors will be catalogized
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 10:34:53 +0200

Good Day,

Timothy Daly writes on Monday, January 31, 2005, 9:59:09 AM about
Vladimir Bondarenko's message titled 'AXIOM BUG: normalize(acos(2))
:: Complex Float:

ThD> Please file these on IssueTracker.
ThD> They are issues, which need to be tracked.

100% agree.

ThD> If they turn out to be bugs they won't get lost.
ThD> If not, the behavior will still be explained and added to the book.

I fully support your idea!

By several reasons, both Cyber Tester and I have a keen, long-term
interest in further AXIOM progress, and I give you my personal guarantee
that NOT a single bug or non-trivial, for a novice user, behaviors
reported by anyone in AXIOM-Developers correspondence or even reported
elsewhere on the Internet will be lost.

During the next 12 months to come, such stuff will be collected
together, in this or that form.

Given that I keep working painstakingly on several heterogeneous
projects, for me, immediate uploading all the AXIOM bug-related stuff
identified by the VM machine and me manually, mean a very time-consuming
task of uploading many hundreds links, part of them might be 'linearly
dependent' and as such would clog the IssueTracker, and could hamper
its using by the developers who want to fix these bugs.

Those few AXIOM bug manifestations you have already seen from my
messages, constitute just the tip of the tip of the iceberg.

This is why possibly I should send the Cyber Tester's long list of
AXIOM bug manifestations to AXIOM Developers mailing list for further
clarifications and discussion, for refining, for drilling down to the
very essence of the bug. And after such a preprocessing, catalogize
the quintessence.

This day, both the VM machine and me are tiros in AXIOM and without
a piece of massive help on part of the AXIOM connoisseurs we cannot
produce some really useful stuff which could push AXIOM (hopefully,
far) beyond the limits of modern computer algebra systems.

Thank you and all the AXIOM Developers for your patience and help.

Best wishes,

Vladimir Bondarenko

GEMM architect

http://www.cybertester.com/