[Axiom-developer] [FrontPage] axiom on Knoppix and graphical facility

From: ??
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [FrontPage] axiom on Knoppix and graphical facility
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 03:42:26 -0600

I had installed axiom (3.0 beta, Feb, 2005) on Knoppix Linux with TeXmacs and
other plugin software. But the "draw()" seems not to work, for instance as
insput the following within TeXmacs:

->draw(sin(x),x=0..1)
   Compiling function %D with type DoubleFloat -> DoubleFloat
   Graph data being transmitted to the viewport manager...
   AXIOM2D data being transmitted to the viewport manager...

   (1)  TwoDimensionalViewport: "sin x"
                                                 Type: TwoDimensionalViewport

But no picture was created. Does draw() still not work in this verion? Anyway,
Axiom is excellent CAS and I will introduce this in my calculus class.
Thanks!
--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden