[Axiom-developer] [#55 Graphics does not work on Windows] (new)

From: anonymous
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#55 Graphics does not work on Windows] (new)
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 21:24:06 -0600

> I then tried to do some simple graphics. I had to look in the
> Axiom book to find the basic commands. The tutorial only
> discussed graphics in the context of plotting solutions of
> ODEs. I think it could use a brief chapter on elementary graphics.
> The Axiom book was fine in that regard.
> So I tried draw(x^2, x=-2..2) and draw(sin(x), x=0..6), but
> after compiling the expressions, and reporting that the data
> was being sent to the viewport manager, both the texmacs
> interface and the native axiom command window reported the
> following error messages:
>
> system error: SOCK-SEND-INT is invalid as a function
> protected-symbol- warn called with <NIL>
>
> Can you clarify what's going on and if possible put me back
> on the road to wisdom?.

Unfortunately graphics is not yet available on the Windows
version of Axiom. Both graphics and hyperdoc depend on some
graphical libraries (X-windows based) that are not available
under windows. Programs like viewport manager will have to
be re-written to interface with a Windows compatible graphics
library. This is a complex job that is going to take some
time.
--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden