[Axiom-developer] [#17 algebra BOOTSTRAP fixed point] ONEP removed globa

From: anonymous
Subject: [Axiom-developer] [#17 algebra BOOTSTRAP fixed point] ONEP removed globally
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2005 02:53:23 -0600

The ONEP change is mine. ONEP is a CCL function, not a common lisp function.
The question that needs to be answered in order to implement ONEP in
common lisp is what is the representation of '1' in various domains?

Notice that in a domain 'foo = 1' is a spad way of asking the question.
This used to be the way it was done but NAG changed it in the CCL
implementation (probably for efficiency).

Since I couldn't decide what the exact semantics of ONEP are I took
the safest route.

--
forwarded from http://page.axiom-developer.org/zope/mathaction/address@hidden