RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: [#8 (Savannah bug #9297) output misses somepar

From: Bill Page
Subject: RE: [Axiom-developer] RE: [#8 (Savannah bug #9297) output misses someparenthesis] Why?
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 17:26:23 -0500

Tim,

On Friday, January 21, 2005 3:48 PM you wrote:

> In the fix for printing there was a list of numbers
> (mostly 700 and 800) which I believe were the precedence
> information you seek. What the correct numbers should be
> is unknown and will require reverse engineering.

These precedence numbers seem to apply only to the generation
of LaTeX code for this case, i.e. )set output tex on. The LaTeX
coding was (almost) correct. Martin's patch of tex.spad corrects
an error in the special case of nested products.

But the real problem is in the generation of the text, i.e
)set output algebra on, case. This is produced in a different
manner than the LaTeX output and does not seem to use these
precedence numbers. Am I wrong? I am still trying to see how
it actual does work.