[Axiom-developer] RE: touchgraph

From: Bill Page
Subject: [Axiom-developer] RE: touchgraph
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2005 13:22:17 -0500

Tim,

On Wednesday, January 19, 2005 12:35 PM you wrote:

> I tried Touchgraph. Awesome tool. Of course I had to install
> a whole new browser and new plugins to do it.

?? What were you using before? These days I highly recommend
Firefox on both Windows and Linux but almost every browser
I have tried seems to work well with TouchgGraph provided
that you have java somewhere and a fast enough machine.

> This would be an interesting way to browse the algebra.
> But you knew that.

Ah, well ya ... duh!

Actually the hold up with making this really nice is the
ability to use the pamphlet format directly as a MathAction
page type. I have 95% of this ready to go but SO MANY other
things have been distracting me.

The idea then would be to load all of the *.spad.pamphlet
files as editable and searchable web page that could be
navigated by TouchGraph. Compiling the spad files and
parsing the `Loading' message can be used to create the
navigation links. If changes are made to the spad code,
they can be tested on-line and then extracted for patching
the Axiom distribution ... etc. etc.